You know me, I am always up for a good quiz. If you know Paul, you know that he has great ideas and a brilliant mind. If you don’t know Paul, shame on you! Go change that immediately!
So… Last week, Paul announced that he wants to quiz his readers and now today, Paul’s quiz arrived. Did I mention it’s Paul’s idea? Not sure, but here is Paul’s Quiz, see for yourself if you want to take part and win a big – no, huge (!) price.
I copied the questions and pasted them here and now, well ahead of the deadline (?), here are my answers:
THE FIRST 10
1. In the movie, Space Jam, Daffy Duck sneaks into Michael Jordan’s house to pick up his lucky basketball shorts. What animated character would you trust with your personal belongings and why?
Marge Simpson. Marge is very organised and patient enough to put up with her family. She has high standards and high morals, and if I tell her how important my stuff is for me, then I trust that it will become equally important to her. She will guard it with all her might.
2. What is the chorus of your favourite song?
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re saying
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I’ve got that feeling once again
I can’t explain you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb
3. Complete the sentence: I wish I could __.
4. The singer, Meat Loaf, said he would do anything for love, but he won’t do that. In general, what are three things you won’t do?
In general? I won’t hurt anyone on purpose. I won’t ever stop loving my kids. I won’t tolerate any injustices happening in my immediate surroundings.
5. What is the worst thing about pockets?
The lint stuck in there after pants come out of the tumble dryer.
6. Should I be concerned about your most recent Google search?
Yes. But don’t worry too much. It is just research. I will not use my new knowledge about fatal injuries that look as if they happened by accident on anyone I know. Or will I?
7. If there was an eighth day of the week, what would it be called, and where would you place it amongst the other seven?
After Saturday and before Sunday. It will be called “Slowday”
8. When you look in the mirror, what do you see behind you?
Usually, a wall. If there is a person there, I hope it is someone from my household. If it is a stranger, I might use my new knowledge after all.
9. You can have dinner with any three people in the world, but you must dine at a fast-food restaurant. Who are you bringing and what does each person (including yourself) order off the menu?
I’m bringing Keanu Reeves, he will have a Big Mac with a side of fries and a big coke. Angelina Jolie: she will have a salad without dressing and she will not really eat, just run her fork around the bowl. Macaulay Culkin: he will order two cheeseburgers and curly fries and will go back for a McFlurry. And me… I will have a Royal TS with fries too. (This was a hard question because I think here in Europe there are other things on the menu than in Canada or the US)
10. Think of a word (in English) and create a new, alternate spelling for it. What is the new word you have created?
Soulquake. It’s that feeling that you have when you feel a deep connection with someone. Not unlike love, but a soulquake doesn’t have to be a romantic feeling. Just a deep connection.
1. On a sheet of paper, draw your happy place. Do not include words or numbers. You have 60 seconds to do this. Share the picture in your blog post.
Note: If the picture looks like you took more than 60 seconds, you will receive a zero.
2. Text someone, “Knock Knock”. What is their reply?
Note: A screenshot isn’t required, but if I think you’re lying about their response, you will receive a zero.
3. In your place of residence, pick up a book and turn to Page 50. What is the third sentence on that page and how does it relate to your life?
Note: If Page 50 doesn’t have a third sentence, try again on Page 73.
Double Note: If Page 73 doesn’t have a third sentence either, just hit yourself with the book. I give up.
The small sincere laughs are something I do too. Often. Many things amuse me daily, but not everything deserves a big laugh. Sometimes the more subdued reaction is the better way to go.
By the way… I wasn’t that far into the book yet; now I feel spoilered.
That’s it for the quiz… Now I am biting my nails to find out my score. Keep your fingers crossed. And… Join the fun. You can do it. xx